How to trade in your old mobile phone
The process is pretty simple:
- Find the best price for your old phone (Use our Mobile Phone Comparison Tool to sniff out the best price)
- Pick the recycler that offers the best price for your make and model
- Fill in the details on that site, and follow their instructions
- Post the phone back (in some cases, they’ll send you a Freepost envelope)
- Wait for the cheque or payment to your bank account
The phone doesn’t have to be in working order (although this affects the price), and you don’t need to send the charger or manual.
We’ve tried out a few of the main UK phone recyclers, to give you a feel for how the process works, and which company to chooose. See our Phone Recycler List to see how we’ve reviewed so far.